All workouts are based on functional movements and these movements reflect the best aspects of gymnastics, weightlifting, running, rowing and more. These are the core movements of life. They move the largest loads the longest distances, so they are ideal for maximizing the amount of work done in the shortest time. By employing a constantly varied approach to training, functional movements and intensity lead to dramatic gains in fitness.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT EAST CHESTNUT
How much does the membership cost and how can I get started?
East Chestnut costs $99 per month for unlimited classes. You must be a YMCA member to join East Chestnut. Those new to the program also need to complete the on-ramp program which costs $135. See details under “How do I get started?” for more information about the on-ramp program.
Specials are currently running:
- OFFER EXTENDED: Join East Chestnut today and we'll waive your $135 on-ramp fee. Download your pass today.
- For those who are not already YMCA of Greater Brandywine Members: Those who join East Chestnut must also be a YMCA member. If you are not a YMCA member, we will waive the $99 YMCA joiner fee when joining the YMCA and East Chestnut at the same time. That means that to begin, you will pay your one-time on-ramp fee ($135), first month of classes ($99) and your YMCA monthly membership. YMCA membership rates vary by branch.
What is East Chestnut?
East Chestnut is constantly varied functional movements performed at high intensity. All workouts are based on functional movements, and these movements reflect the best aspects of gymnastics, weightlifting, running, rowing and more. These are the core movements of life. They move the largest loads the longest distances, so they are ideal for maximizing the amount of work done in the shortest time. By employing a constantly varied approach to training, functional movements and intensity lead to dramatic gains in fitness.
Overall, the aim is to forge a broad, general and inclusive fitness supported by measurable, observable and repeatable results. The program prepares trainees for any physical contingency—not only for the unknown but for the unknowable, too. Our specialty is not specializing.
Who does East Chestnut?
Moms. Dads. Single Professionals. Grandparents. Athletes. And more. People of all ages, shapes and sizes. That’s because workouts are tailored to each individual. While everyone does the same kind of exercises, how intense and how long each person does the exercises differ.
What do I get as an East Chestnut member?
- Unlimited classes in our air-conditioned gym. Lockers and showers are also available onsite.
- As a YMCA member, you may visit any of our YMCA branches, as well as most YMCAs across the U.S. This gives you access to our fitness centers which are stocked with tons of cardio and strength equipment, unlimited group exercise classes, access to many of our indoor pools and more.
- Child Watch, our on-site babysitting service, is also available for parents to drop their kids off during our busiest times at the Oscar Lasko YMCA, including from 5 pm – 8 pm Monday through Friday and 9 am – 12 pm on Saturdays.
- Member discounts on YMCA programs such as swimming lessons, childcare, arts, environmental education, sports leagues and more.
How do I get started?
Set up a free assessment by contacting Wendy Young at email@example.com.
If you decide East Chestnut is right for you, you can enroll in the on-ramp program which costs $135 and includes two training sessions. During these sessions, you’ll learn how to perform the fundamental movements safely and efficiently.