Six Tips for Drinking More Water
The mantra to drink more water seems never-ending, but it often feels impossible to do! Try these tips to make it easier.
- Use a bottle that helps track your intake
Whether you purchase a special bottle or simply use a permanent marker on an existing bottle - keeping track of your progress will help keep you on track. There are even bottles that will light up and remind you when it's time to drink, while tracking your intake via an app. Check out these Hidrate water bottles.
- Drink a glass of water after every bathroom break.
Use bathroom breaks as a reminder to keep on track!
- Flavor your water. Try cucumbers, lemons or strawberries.
Mix it up and try a few new flavors.
- Dilute sugary drinks with water and ice.
If you're craving a sugary drink - or trying to break a habit - gradually start diluting your drink with ice or water.
- Choose sparkling or mineral water.
Like the carbonation but not the calories? Choose a mineral or sparkling water instead.
- Anytime you drain your glass or bottle, fill it back up!
Keeping a full bottle of water on hand will increase the likelihood that you'll reach your goal.
Join the conversation and share your tips with us on Facebook.
Category: Fitness & Wellness