Expanding Adaptive Programs
Adaptive Programs provide a supportive environment where children and adults with developmental delays and disabilities can build new experiences through programs tailored to meet their needs.
The Y believes that all people deserve the change to learn, grow and thrive - and we are pleased to announce that we're expanding Adaptive Programs in 2024.
January 2024 - Existing Adaptive Programs rolled out to additional branches
- Adaptive Dance | Youth
- Adaptive Gymnastics | Youth
- Adaptive Swim Lessons | All Ages
- Open Doors | Adults
- Respite Recreation | All Ages
March 2024 - New Adaptive Programs will be launched
- Bowling League | Adults
- LEGO Club | Youth
- Small Group Training | Adults
- SNAPshots Sports | Youth
June 2024 - Bumblebee Day Camp expanded to additional locations
- Bumblebee Day Camp | Youth
New to Adaptive Programs at the Y?
- Open Doors is a social meet up for adults in the Adaptive community
- Respite Recreation provides parents and caregivers an evening off while trained YMCA staff care for children of all ages, including adults
- Bumblebee Day Camp is an Adaptive Summer Camp that features a higher ratio of staff as compared to traditional day camps, allowing camp counselors to provide focused attention and support to campers.
Mark your Calendars
- Registration for Adaptive Programs that take place in January – May 2024 begins on November 21, 2023 for existing YGBW members.
- Registration for guests begins on December 5, 2023
- Registration for Summer Camp begins on January 16, 2024
Thank you to Team Toyota of Glen Mills for supporting Adaptive Programs at the YMCA. 💝