Avoid the Season of Sharing - Stay Healthy this Fall
Fall is upon us - a time to head back to school, to celebrate holidays and more. While sharing this time together is good for our hearts, there's one thing you don't want to share this season - germs!
"As families head back to school and temperatures begin to cool, we tend to spend more time indoors and in close proximity to each other," explains Katie Doochack, Director of Safety and Risk for the YMCA of Greater Brandywine. "This gives infectious diseases a chance to ramp up."
Check out our tips to help you stay healthy this year.
- Wash Up - Wash your hands regularly, making sure to scrub for at least 30 seconds - and avoid touching your face
- Rest Up - Establish and maintain a regular sleep schedule, making sure to allow at least 8 hours for sleeping each night
- Get Up - Establish and maintain a daily exercise routine, including at least 30 minutes of movement each day
- Clean Up - Clean and sanitize frequently touched surfaces regularly
- Cover Up - Always cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing
Feeling ill? Have a fever?
Stay at home and rest. Or, if you are already out when you start to feel ill, mask up and go home as soon as possible.
Staying home allows your body time to recuperate and reduces the chance of spreading germs to others. Everyday prevention is the best way to protect yourself this and every cold and flu season.