52,000 Hours of Gratitude
Recently YMCA volunteers and staff gathered at the Breakfast of Champions to celebrate the impressive volunteer power of our community. Over the past year, 3,215 volunteers contributed 52,000 hours of service to our mission!
To show our appreciation, we've selected a Volunteer of the Year at each of our eight locations - in addition to selecting three individuals or organizations to receive our Association volunteer awards. We are pleased to announce this year's honorees.
- The Service to Youth award recognizes individuals and organizations whose dedication and effort have made a significant and positive difference in the lives of children in our community. This year, we are pleased to honor West Chester University for their partnership in developing curriculum for youth programs like STRIDE for ALL and youth culinary classes - along with supporting our business through our internship program.
- The Community Partner award recognizes an organization that has demonstrated a commitment to the Y's mission and has supported the Y in strengthening the foundations of our community. This year's recipient is NFP for their support of initiatives that benefit the community, such as the 7th Grade Initiative and Healthy Kids Day.
- The Distinguished Service award recognizes the effort of the YMCA's most dedicated volunteers and emphasizes the need for community service by all. We are pleased to honor Scott Bond, a volunteer who has served on our Innovation and Technology committee for 16 years!
- Branch Volunteer of the Year awards are given to one or two volunteers per branch who have made a significant impact on a YMCA program, committee or campaign. Branch volunteers support our mission across the board by volunteering at swim meets, basketball leagues, soccer clinics, community events, board meetings and so much more! Congratulations to...
- George Coakley and Andre 'Mac' McMullen at the Brandywine YMCA
- Cari Crabtree at the Jennersville YMCA
- Peter Doehring and Monique Giroux at the Kennett Area YMCA
- Barbara Egoville at the Lionville Community YMCA
- Maureen Fox at the Octorara Program Center
- Jessie Snodgrass at the Oscar Lasko YMCA
- Meg Sargent at the Upper Main Line YMCA
- Tim Krall at the West Chester Area YMCA
Thank You to our volunteers. We are blown away by your generosity and belief in our mission to serve, include and support all. 💝
Want to learn more about our dedicated community of volunteers? Contact Laura Milazzo Mackiewicz, our Director of Volunteer Engagement or subscribe to our newsletter.
Sign Up for Volunteer News