Welcoming Week 2021
We believe our community is stronger when everyone feels welcome and we work together for the common good. Celebrated annually at the YMCA, Welcoming Week is a chance for neighbors—both immigrants and U.S. born residents—to get to know one another and celebrate what unites us as a community.
From September 10 - September 19, 2021 all branches of the YMCA of Greater Brandywine will celebrate Welcoming Week 2021. Ongoing activities are planned such as:
- Music from a variety of countries will be played during some group exercise classes.
- In many of our Childcare and Early Learning Centers, as well as our Before and After School care programs, students will enjoy special crafts, activities and foods from around the world.
- Special displays showing where YMCA members are from and sharing why are members and staff are "welcomers".
In addition, branches will have special events throughout the week including:
Lionville Community YMCA
- Firefighter Meet & Greet
- Diversity, Inclusion and Global Speakers
- Free chair massages
- Coffee Tasting and Flights with Twin Valley Coffee
Upper Main Line YMCA
- Pickleball with International Coffee & Snacks from 10:00 AM - 12:00PM in the Cafe
- Games Around the World: Monday, September 13 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Family Flag Making: Tuesday, September 14 from 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Swim Lesson Leveling: Wednesday, September 15 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Family Fun in the Owl's Nest: Wednesday, September 15 from 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Animals Around the World: Thursday, September 16 from 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
West Chester Area YMCA
- Traditions Table on Monday, September 13 and Tuesday, September 14 (specific times TBA)
- Origami Crafts on Tuesday, September 14
- Love Your Body Day on Wednesday, September 15
- The Human Library on Friday, September 17 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- Magic Rock Garden on the morning of Friday, September 17 and on Saturday, September 18 between 9 AM - 12 PM