A quality pre-kindergarten experience can help give children a strong start in school and in life. PA Pre-K Counts, established by the Pennsylvania Department for Education, provides free half-day or full-day pre-K programs for children ages 3 – 5 years old throughout Pennsylvania.
What to expect from a PA Pre-K Counts Classroom
- Teachers with the education and expertise to teach young children.
- A curriculum that will help your child grow academically and socially.
- Regular review of your child’s progress to choose the best teaching strategies as well as prepare them for a smooth transition to kindergarten.
Who is eligible for Pre-K Counts?
- PA Pre-K counts is designed for children who are between ages 3 and entry-level age for kindergarten and live in families earning up to 300% of the poverty level.
How much does PA Pre-K Counts cost?
- PA Pre-K Counts is free to families.
- The program runs from 8 AM to 1:30 PM, Monday – Friday. Wrap around care is an additional charge. Financial Assistance would be available.
- Students who qualify for CCW are automatically eligible. (If you have questions about applying for CCW, please reach out to Ruby Abouraya.)
Download the Application Today
- Please fill out the application below and submit to Ruby Abouraya at email@example.com or at 610-647-9622 ext 2011.
- We will then verify that you qualify for the Pre-K Counts program and contact you with further information.
For more information about Octorara YMCA programs including Pre-K Counts, please contact Kirstan Dolinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-896-9622, ext. 2543.
For more information about the Pre-K Counts program, visit www.education.pa.gov.