YMCA Community - We need your HELP and your community needs you!
The American Red Cross is facing a severe shortage of blood and is in desperate need of healthy individuals to donate immediately, especially now.
There are several ways everyone can help in our community right now. The most critical need to assist with is the need for blood donations. The American Red Cross is facing a severe shortage of blood and is in desperate need of healthy individuals to donate immediately.
Blood drives will be hosted from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM on
- Monday, March 23
- Tuesday, March 24
- Wednesday, March 25
at four YMCA of Greater Brandywine branches:
- Kennett Area YMCA - Schedule your appointment
- Lionville Community YMCA - Schedule your appointment
- Upper Main Line YMCA - Schedule your appointment
- West Chester Area YMCA - Schedule your appointment
Your Safety Matters
Not only does the YMCA have the space to implement social distancing to protect individuals who give blood during the drives, but the American Red Cross has implemented additional precautionary methods to prevent the spread of infection, including:
- All donors are temperature-screened before being permitted into the blood drive. If bodily temperature is above 99.5°F, the donor is asked to donate another time instead.
- All Red Cross staff are asked to check their temperature before presenting to work, and will not report for work if they are showing any symptoms or test above 99.5°F.
- Blood donors are asked to use hand sanitizer before and during the donation process.
- Staff wear gloves throughout the donation process, changing gloves between every donor.
- Donor beds are sanitized between every donor.
- Medically-recommended space between donors is implemented wherever possible.