Summer Camp Registration is Now Open at the YMCA of Greater Brandywine
YMCA Summer Camp keeps children active, engaged and happy all summer long.
West Chester, PA – When you think of summer it conjures ideas of warm weather, longer days and relaxing in the sun. For several families, it also comes with the challenge of keeping an energetic child safe and entertained while they’re out of school during summer break. That’s where YMCA summer camp comes in to give families peace-of-mind, while providing a child with an experience they’ll never forget.
“YMCA summer camps really focus on providing children with structured activities and fun that keep them involved throughout the day,” says Janelle Brandberg, senior director of youth programs at the Upper Main Line YMCA “The camp program provides a welcoming environment where children are comfortable to be themselves, while making life-long friends and discovering new interests and skills. Our goal is for every child that attends camp to feel confident and empowered when they go home at the end of each day.”
Discover 5 things that make summer camps at the YMCA stand out from the rest:
- FUN: Weekly camp themes combined with special activities such as pools, inflatables, pedal carts, archery tag, gaga pits, playgrounds and more keep the fun going!
- SAFETY: As the largest provider of childcare in Chester County, caring for more than 5,000 children each year, safety is paramount. All YMCA staff go through extensive trainings and are CPR and First Aid certified and our lifeguards are Ellis certified.
- CAMPUSES: Our campuses offer acres of amenities and leverage all of our robust indoor and outdoor spaces to keep each day fun and exciting – rain or shine!
- CORE VALUES: Our values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility are at the core of what we do and they’re woven throughout camp to help our campers develop socially and emotionally.
- STAFF: Our dedicated team of mission-driven individuals share their unique passions and talents with our campers each day. This, paired with low camper to counselor ratios, facilitates a high level of engagement and ensures a summer of fun for all!
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine offers: day camps, aquatics camps, teen camps, preschool camps, environmental camps, STEM camps and many more for your family to enjoy. And, to ensure that all youth have the chance to experience camp, YGBW offers financial assistance to those in need. If you’re interested in helping send kids to camp this summer, you can donate to the Y at ymcagbw.org/give
A leading nonprofit committed to nurturing the potential of youth, the Y has been a leader in providing summer camp for over 130 years. The YMCA of Greater Brandywine continues to give youth an enriching, safe experience with caring staff and volunteers who model positive values that help build their kids’ character.
Registration for summer camp is now open. Register before March 4, 2022 to receive discounted camp rates with our Early Bird Pricing. For more information, visit ymcagbw.org/camp