#GivingTuesdayNow:10 Ways to Give Back
Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 simply as a day that encourages people to do good. While Giving Day is typically held the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, the movement realized that people and communities could use a little goodness and generosity amidst the international outbreak of COVID-19.
#GivingTuesdayNow Is Taking Place On May 5, 2020
As An Emergency Response To The Unprecedented Need Caused By COVID-19.
You may be wondering, how can people give back during a global pandemic?
Here are 10 ways to join the #GivingTuesdayNow Movement, from monetary contributions to small gestures of kindness – everything matters!
- Make a donation to the Y to support our ongoing efforts in the community
- Sew masks for the community or provide personal protection equipment for hospitals (PPE)
- Give food or volunteer your time at a food distribution site
- Volunteer to be a friendly caller for our elderly neighbors
- Sign up to give blood at our blood drives or at one closer to you.
- Share kindness with your neighbors – check on those who are alone and may need help with errands or just a friendly voice to chat.
- Post a sign of support in your yard for your community essential workers, neighbors and passers by to cheer them up and on. Here's a video on how to make one, you can pick whatever message you want!
- Order takeout/curbside pick food from a local business or buy a gift card. Maybe try a new place once a week.
- Go outside and create a beautiful spring mural or positive message with sidewalk chalk. Try this chalk mural.
- Homeschooling? Teach your children about kindness and giving help to others during this time.
Even though our physical doors are closed, we are working harder than ever to give back to you. We created Virtual YMCA
This is our way to give back to you in this uncertain time. Tune in, sign on and find your favorite classes, activities for your family or connections to your friends. Also, subscribe to our Youtube Channel as we're uploading new videos daily!