Here for Good Campaign
For decades, the YMCA has served the Chester County community. However, we are not immune to the detrimental effects of COVID-19. We continue to do all we can to support our community, but we, too, need support from our community. In less than a year, our organization looks remarkably different due to COVID-19. Here are the facts.
- Overall Reduction of 40% in Revenue - Originally an organization with a $45 million budget, our revenue dropped more than by $18.2 million in 2020.
- 59% Reduction in Membership Income - As a nonprofit organization that relies heavily on membership dues, more than 50% of our revenue comes from membership. However, in 2020, membership revenue dropped by 59%.
- 64% Less Visits by Members – Compared to previous years, less than 64% of our members are visiting the YMCA daily. Additionally, many members have canceled or suspended their memberships.
- 60% Reduction in Staff Team - We’ve been forced to permanently lay off more than 1,100 talented team members to stay afloat and cover our operating expenses.
- 38% drop in childcare and summer camp programming – Currently less than half of the children who attend YGBW’s summer camp and childcare programs prior to COVID-19 have returned.
Given all that our community is reeling from due to COVID-19, including unemployment being at an all-time high of 10%, we know the Y is needed now more than ever—and we are here for good. However, we also need your support to weather this storm. There are several ways you can help.