Here for Good Campaign
For decades, the YMCA has served the Chester County community. However, we are not immune to the detrimental effects of COVID-19. We continue to do all we can to support our community, but we, too, need support from our community. In just a few months, our organization looks remarkably different due to COVID-19. Here are the facts.
- Overall reduction of 43% in revenue - Originally an organization with a $45 million budget, we anticipate overall revenue to drop to approximately $25 million in 2020.
- 50% Reduction in Membership Income - As a nonprofit organization that relies heavily on membership dues, we expect to earn less than 50% of our membership revenue this year.
- 78% Less Visits by Members – Compared to previous years, less than 78% of our members are visiting the YMCA daily. Additionally, many members have canceled or suspended their memberships.
- 50% Reduction in Staff Team - We’ve been forced to permanently lay off 63% of our part-time staff and 31% of our full-time staff in order to stay afloat and cover our operating expenses.
- 60% drop in childcare and summer camp programming – Currently less than half of the children who attend YGBW’s summer camp and childcare programs prior to COVID-19 have returned.
- No Federal Funding – We were not eligible for funding from the CARES Act or Paycheck Protection Program due to having more than 500 employees prior to the pandemic.
Given all that our community is reeling from due to COVID-19, including unemployment being at an all-time high of 10%, we know the Y is needed now more than ever—and we are here for good. However, we also need your support to weather this storm. There are several ways you can help.