Here for Good Campaign
For decades, the YMCA has served the Chester County community. However, we are not immune to the detrimental effects of COVID-19. We continue to do all we can to support our community, but we, too, need support from our community. In just a few months, our organization looks remarkably different due to COVID-19. Here are the facts.
- Overall reduction of 43% in revenue - Originally an organization with a $45 million budget, we anticipate overall revenue to drop to approximately $25 million in 2020.
- 50% Reduction in Membership Income - As a nonprofit organization that relies heavily on membership dues, we expect to earn less than 50% of our membership revenue this year.
- 78% Less Visits by Members – Compared to previous years, less than 78% of our members are visiting the YMCA daily. Additionally, many members have canceled or suspended their memberships.
- 50% Reduction in Staff Team - We’ve been forced to permanently lay off 63% of our part-time staff and 31% of our full-time staff in order to stay afloat and cover our operating expenses.
- 60% drop in childcare and summer camp programming – Currently less than half of the children who attend YGBW’s summer camp and childcare programs prior to COVID-19 have returned.
Given all that our community is reeling from due to COVID-19, including unemployment being at an all-time high of 10%, we know the Y is needed now more than ever—and we are here for good. However, we also need your support to weather this storm. There are several ways you can help.