Outdoor Fitness Classes Now Available
Now that Chester County is in the yellow phase, we’re excited to start offering outdoor group exercise classes! So grab your workout gear and let's get moving!
Classes began on Tuesday, June 16 at several branches.
Class Registration Information
- You must be an active YGBW member to register for classes. If your membership is on hold, follow the directions below to reactivate your membership.
- Reservations are required for group exercise classes. Reservations will open in the YGBW app 48 hours prior to the class. Get started today by downloading the YGBW Mobile App and then follow these directions to reserve your spot. (Note: You must have an active YGBW membership to log into the app.)
Reserve my Spot Now
- We also ask that you please cancel your reservation in the app at least one hour prior to the start of the class if you do not plan on attending so that others can register for the class. At this time we are not instating a cancelation fee.
- If you're an OLY-only member, you can attend outdoor classes at the West Chester Area YMCA.
- If you will not be attending a class that you've registered for, be sure to cancel the reservation so that someone else can fill your spot.
Ensuring Your Safety
Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to the class start time for check-in. At the conclusion of your class, please exit to your vehicle as lingering to socialize will not be allowed.
Classes are limited to 24 people to ensure social distancing. Participants will be spaced 10 feet apart.
Restroom facilities are not available unfortunately, as we are not permitted to allow you into the branch while in the yellow phase.
- Participants are to park in the main parking lot. Masks are required but can be removed while exercising.
- Bring your own mat and water. Water fountains will not be available. You may also want to bring a towel for extra cushioning.
- Classes may be canceled due to inclement weather. Please allow notifications within the YGBW app. Information will be posted on the app and social media outlets.
- Members must follow CDC guidelines related to social distancing and personal hygiene. Individuals experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 are not allowed to attend classes. YGBW reserves the right to check members' temperatures prior to class.
How to Reactivate Your YGBW Membership
- Click here to tell us you'd like to reactivate your membership.
- When logging in, use the email address linked to your membership.
- You only need to "enroll" the primary account holder.
- NOTE: If you have continued paying your membership dues during this time, they have been converted to a donation and you will receive a tax letter that shows proof of the donation for your 2020 taxes. THANK YOU! When you begin using your YGBW membership again for YMCA offerings such as group exercise classes, your membership fee from that point forward can no longer be considered a donation due to tax laws.
Please allow up to 72 business hours for our membership department to process your request. Once completed, you'll receive a confirmation email allowing you to login to the mobile app and reserve a class or court.
Questions? Contact our Member Engagement Center at email@example.com.