Celebrate Healthy Kids Day on April 29
Healthy Kids Day is a national movement celebrated at YMCAs across the country. This annual event helps to inspire healthy habits in kids and families just before summer comes along. During the summer months, structured activities decrease - and unhealthy habits can set in.
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine (YGBW) has big plans to celebrate Healthy Kids Day - with seven events planned across Chester County. All events take place on April 29 at 10AM. While activities vary slightly by branch, you can expect the following at all locations.
- Free and open to the public - As part of our mission to focus on healthy spirit, mind and body for all, we are proud to offer Healthy Kids Day® to the community, free of charge.
- Inflatables - Bounce and climb into action in one of our moonbounces or inflatable obstacle courses. Staying active is fun at the Y.
- Games - From corn hole to field games, your family will learn that fitness extends beyond the gym.
- Demos - YMCA staff and community service providers will be on hand to demonstrate healthy habits. Demos vary by location and include K9 services, group exercise classes, theater and other YMCA programs. There are so many ways to focus on wellness.
- Summer Camp preview - Summer is just around the corner and we have options to keep children safe, active and fulfilled all summer long. Our camp staff will be on hand at Healthy Kids Day to answer give you a preview of Summer Camp and to any questions that you have.
- Sport Classes Giveaway - To encourage healthy habits into the summer, we're giving away a number of free sports classes. Classes begin in June and are free for members and discounted by $24.99 for the community.
Healthy Habits All Year Long
If you aren't able to join us for Healthy Kids Day, you can still encourage healthy habits at home. Strive for a balance of activities throughout the day - focusing on ones that move your body and relax your mind. Prioritize eating natural foods, drinking water throughout the day and getting to bed on time.
At the Y, we are here to support your wellness journey all year long - not just on Healthy Kids Day.
- Find an open swim time and splash around together.
- Try a new recipe as a family - perhaps one that your child learned at one of our youth culinary classes.
- Turn off your screens and join us for a free family fun activity.
- Motivate each other in one of our family-friendly group exercise classes.
Did you know? We need volunteers to help bring Healthy Kids Day to life. Consider lending a hand at your local branch on April 29.